I Heart Christmas Market
Have a heart and buy local, handcrafted gifts and handmade treats this Christmas
A proud supporter of the 'shop local' movement, the I Heart Christmas Market offers a great platform for talented local craftsmen and women to showcase their products.
The I Heart Market runs an 'I Shop Local' campaign and have listed out 5 reasons why buying handmade will fill you with a little bit more than Christmas cheer this holiday season.
- 1. Handcrafted and locally designed goods make better presents because they are unique, unpredictable and made with care. You also get better value for money.
- 2. It encourages less of a throw away culture. The malls are filled with factory churned out gimmicky gifts designed as perfect stocking fillers; however they are often not needed and are never used.
- 3. By supporting the little guy, you can develop a relationship with the actual maker of the goods.
- 4. Building a better local economy. Choosing to shop from local crafters or artisans helps to keep the money circulating in the local economy.
- 5. Handmade items have a smaller carbon footprint than large scale manufacturing. Buying from independent crafters helps to reduce climate change as often the products are made with locally sourced components and the distances travelled for delivery are small.
The market is a great place to find extremely unique, handcrafted gifts and should not be missed!
Dates: 1, 8, 15 and 22 December2018
Times: 9:00 - 14:00
Venue: Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban