2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Guide
Cricket fans across the world are eagerly awaiting the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, which takes place from 14 February to 29 March in Australia and New Zealand.
To make sure you don't miss out on any of the action, First Car Rental has put together a 2015 Cricket World Cup guide, containing schedules, details and interesting cricket trivia.
Make a note that the Proteas first match, against Zimbabwe, is on 15 February.
2015 World Cup Fast Facts:
Dates: 14 February - 29 March 2015
Format: One Day International (ODI)
Hosts: Australia & New Zealand
Keep up with the action:
SABC3 will be broadcasting 30 of the matches including two quarter finals, one semi-final and the final. Click here for their schedule.
SuperSport2 will be broadcasting all of the matches. Click here for the schedule.
Use #ProteaFire to cheer on South Africa!
The Proteas - 2015 World Cup Team:
World Cup Trivia
• The first World Cup was held in England in 1975. Eight countries competed - England, India, East Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies – with the West Indies claiming victory.
• South Africa co-hosted its first Cricket World Cup in 2003, along with Zimbabwe and Kenya. Australia, under Captain Ricky Ponting, clinched its third World Cup title and second in a row.
• In the final of the last World Cup, which took place in 2011 (co-hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh) India defeated Sri Lanka by 6 wickets.
• Tickets for the 2015 Pool B match between India and Pakistan (scheduled for 15 February) sold out within 12 minutes.
• India's Sachin Tendulkar is the highest run scorer in World Cup history; he has scored 2, 278 runs in 6 world cups.