Win Free Flights for a Year from FlySafair!
May 2018 - Our airline partner, FlySafair, who were recently named the Best Airline in Africa and the Indian Ocean in the 2018 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards, are feeling very generous this month. They are giving you the chance to win free flights for a year!
You could fly to any city, at any time, just for the fun of it. You could fly just to give your long-lost friend a hug, or even fly to your parent's house just to celebrate their dog's birthday. It means being able to fly for any reason, no matter how small.
All you have to do is enter before 31 May 2018, and you could fly for FREE for a year.
Terms & Conditions
- Promoter: This competition is promoted by Safair Operations (Proprietary) Limited, trading as FlySafair, (reg. no. 2007/032915/07) ("FlySafair", "us", "we" or "our").
- Competition Period: The competition runs from the 30 April 2018 - 31 May 2018 only. No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on 31 May 2018.
- Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old. Also, you may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Safair or any other entity directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by either of Safair, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons' spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
- How to enter: You can enter this competition, if, during the Competition Period you supply a name, telephone number and email address in order to gain initial entry into the competition. Further entries can be earned through taking various actions outlined on the website, including but not limited to, inviting friends to participate via email and social media. While FlySafair has taken every precaution in the setup of this system with regards to ensuring the deliverability of email and social media referrals, the company takes no responsibility for the successful delivery thereof.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- FlySafair reserves the right to modify the promotion at any time without prior notice.
- By supplying your own details, you agree to opt in for newsletter and marketing communications from FlySafair, and for an email or, social media message, to be sent to the contact referred, in your name, promoting this offer. This electronic entry form can be found at: https://app.viralsweep.com/sweeps/full/a19421-34953&framed=1. All 'entries' will go into a prize draw, which randomly selects the winner associated to that entry.
- By entering the competition your email details will be stored for marketing activities. Any correspondence sent to you will have a clear opt-out should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing correspondence from FlySafair.
- How many times you can enter: Supplying your email address will earn you one entry, an unlimited number of further entries can be earned by referring friends you successfully enter using your referral link.
- Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges or purchases are required.
- Prize: The prize consists of free flights for a year for one person. The winner will be furnished with a card that will entitle him/her to book free flights (on the Lite fare type) for the period of 365 days from the issue of the prize. These free flights will exclude taxes and any extras such as, but not limited to, checked in bags, pre-selected seats, insurance, catering etc. Only the winner may make use of these free flights and neither the individually booked flights, nor the card, are transferrable. No name changes will be accepted on these tickets. All normal terms and conditions of booking and carriage will apply. Tickets are subject to availability and no special preference will be given in awarding these tickets.
- Tickets are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Selection of Winner: The winner will be chosen randomly by lucky draw to be held on 1 June 2018. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of a winner in terms hereof, FlySafair's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries, or entries sent through agencies and third parties, will not be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to inform FlySafair of any wheelchair or similar access requirements.
- In winning the prize, the prize winner automatically conforms to the standard booking terms and conditions of FlySafair.
- The prize winner must have a credit card for all additional extras to the flight ticket that they may wish to add to their trip. These include but are not limited to:
• Airport taxes
• A checked-in bag
• Any extra luggage
• Travel insurance
• Car rental
• Premium or ordinary seat selection
• SMS notification of flights
• Adding a bicycle or other sports equipment
• Any additional passengers you may want to add to your trip
- Notifying the Winner: The winner will be notified via email and telephone. Safair will attempt contact with the winner at least 3 times, but if Safair is unable to contact the winner within 3 working days, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and Safair reserves the right to redraw such prize. Once contact has been made with the winner and he/she has accepted the prize, the winner will be announced on FlySafair's Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/flysafair.
The winner will be asked to provide his/her name, surname, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (the "Participant Information"). An ID number is a legal requirement under regulation 11(6)(i) of the CPA for a promoter of a competition to record the prize winner's ID number (not necessarily a copy of their ID). Once we have received this information, we will send the prize to the winner as soon as possible. Safair may require the winner to provide it with additional information as it may reasonably require in order to determine the winner and to process and/or facilitate the winner's acceptance and/or use of the prize. Should the winner fail to accept delivery of the prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and Safair reserves the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant chosen by lucky draw as aforesaid. Proof of identity may be required to receive the prize and Safair reserves the right to refuse handing over of the prize to a potential winner who refuses to or cannot provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
- Forfeit: There are certain situations in which a winner will forfeit his/her prize, namely:
(i) he/she has already won one prize in this competition;
(ii) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 24 hours of it being requested by Safair;
(iii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein;
(iv) he/she fails to accept delivery of the prize after Safair has made at least two attempts to deliver it;
(v) it is unlawful for that winner to receive that prize. In the event of a forfeit, Safair shall be entitled in its sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the participants,
(vi) during the course of the year of free travel he/she behaves in a manner deemed by the airline to be damaging or contravenes the airline's general conditions of booking and carriage in any respect.
- Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Safair or a third party nominated by Safair of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname, as well as entry can be announced and displayed on the Safair website, social media sites, and your prize can be delivered to you. The winner may also be asked to participate in marketing activities, including having his/her photograph taken or being filmed, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. The Participant will not be entitled to any form of remuneration as a result of Safair so using his/her Participant Information.
- Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion, or to change the prize at any time without notice to you. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of FlySafair and FlySafair may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to FlySafair as a result thereof.
- Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the competition rules set out above, without exception. A copy of these competition rules is made available at www.flysafair.co.za.